2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Salt & Stone by Victoria Scott – It’s good, but there were a few things within it’s pages that I could not forgive. Also, the story just wasn’t wrapped up as well as I’d wish it to be.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas – This series has A LOT of hype. Since I’m not the biggest fan of fantasy, this book has intimated me for a long time, but I finally read it this year and was very surprised by how much I enjoyed it.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I’m not much of a pusher!
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Series stared? Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
Sequel? Model Misfit by Holly Smale
Series Ender? Winter by Marissa Meyer
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
The Chateau On The Lake by Charlotte Betts – I don’t read much Historical Fiction because I find it very slow and hard to get through. This one took me over a month to finish, but it ended up being pretty good!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Unputdownable? Girl Against The Universe by Paula Stokes
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I don’t re-read much. Too many new books to read to justify reading something a second time.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
The Avery Shaw Experiment by Kelly Oram
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Captain Carswell Thorn from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – This quote just blew my mind. “Why is straight the default? Everyone should have to declare one way or another, and it shouldn’t be this big awkward thing whether you’re straight, gay, bi, or whatever. I’m just saying.”
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
Cress by Marissa Meyer
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
“Why is straight the default? Everyone should have to declare one way or another, and it shouldn’t be this big awkward thing whether you’re straight, gay, bi, or whatever. I’m just saying.” – from Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Shortest: The Queen’s Army by Marissa Meyer
Longest: Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire by J K Rowling
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover – That twist at the end just knocked me flat on my ass.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Elizabeth Bennet & Fitzwilliam Darcy from Pride and Prejudice.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Harriet and her step-mom. If am half as good of a parent as that woman is, I’ll be able to die happy.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Get Real by Tellulah Darling
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure?
Throne Of Glass by Sarah J Maas – It may not have been SOLELY on peer pressure, but that was a big part of it!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Ezra Mason from Illuminae by Amie Kauffman & Jay Kristoff
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
Hello, I Love You by Katie M Stout
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Talon/Rogue by Julie Kagawa
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
The Improbably Theory Of Ana & Zak by Brian Katcher
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
Model Misfit by Holly Smale
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
My soul is still very much intact! I don’t read depressing books.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Fairest by Marissa Meyer – I hate Levana. I HATE HER!
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
I don’t know about book BLOG, but I’ve been watching quite a bit of It’s Jane Lindsey”‘s videos!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
The Warrior by Victoria Scott – I’m always very proud of my rant-y reviews!
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
My event recap of the Marissa Meyer Signing.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I drove all the way to Atlanta GA to attend Becky Albertalli’s release day launch party for Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda and that was amazing!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Ummmm….Having several authors recognize me by name!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
I’ve had a bad reading slump follow me off and on for the past few months.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My review for Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins that actually went up last year has gotten the most views this year!
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My recap for Marissa Meyer Signing.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I discovered a pretty awesome used book store in Shelby NC!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I exceeded my 100 book reading challenge!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
Soldier by Julie Kagawa
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Even If The Sky Falls by Mia Garcia
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
Picture Perfect by Holly Smale
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Be better about reviewing. I’ve let work suck the life out of me, so while I am still reading, I can’t muster up the will to review things as I should be.
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Girl Against The Universe by Paula Stokes!
That’s it! What had been you favorite book of the year? Let me know in the comments!