Alrighty people, today is first day of the Top Ten of 2015 week. This week is brought to you by Fiktshun, Two Chicks On Books, Magical Urban Fantasy Reads, & Tales Of A Ravenous Reader. I’ll go ahead and preface this by saying that I’m trying really hard not to use the same book multiple times. I know I will fail miserably, but I’m trying! Also, these are in no particular order. I can never rank my top reads, which is why I never tried to do Top Ten Tuesday posts! So here are my top books of 2015!
3. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff – This one really took me by surprise. It has gotten so much hype and it seemed impossible for it to live up to it, but it does. It’s funny and intense and is completely unique.
5. When A Scot Ties The Knot by Tessa Dare – This is my favorite historical romance of the year. It’s about a girl who makes up a fake fiance and writes letters to him. Then he shows up on her doorstep as real as can be. The expected amount of chaos ensues…and it’s hilarious.
6. Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer – Kemmerer knows how to write an addictive book. This is about a boy accused of murdering his mother, but he didn’t do it. So we are trying to figure out who did while he survives in a town that absolutely hates him. It was very intriguing from start to finish.
7. Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – The cutest contemporary YA of the year. I loved this book enough that I made the 4 hour drive to attend it’s launch party and meet Becky. That should say it all.
8. Model Misfit by Holly Smale – This is arguably my favorite book of the year. It’s everything I wanted in a sequel and a novel in general. It’s smart and hilarious and shows a character trying to grow and be brave. It’s absolutely perfect.
9. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger – This is a bit of a cheat. This novel came out several years ago, but it was re-released this year to coincide with the film and I loved it so much that I couldn’t not include it. Wesley just stole my heart. There is a line in there “Wesley Rush doesn’t chase girls, but I’m chasing you.” and it just stole my heart. And the letter he writes her? ::swoons::
That’s it! Those are my favorites of the year. What are some of your favorite reads of the year? Let me know in the comments! And check back tomorrow to see my top ten favorite book covers of the year!