This week’s topic: Unpopular Opinions
I have a lot of unpopular opinions! I actually did a few long posts on some of them.
- I think classic novels are overrated. I hate most of them. You can read a bunch more on that here
- I have decided to start reading the books after I see the movies, if at all possible. I wrote a longer piece on that here, but the gist is that reading the book first ruins the movies for me. Stardust is the prime example. I love that movie and didn’t even know there was a book until much later, but after reading the book, I know I would have hated the film if I had read the book first. They change so much! But the movie is fantastic with the changes.
- I hate bad endings. I will never, ever read The Fault In Our Stars. Never. I know how that ends and I would be unhappy. Same goes for the Divergent series. That’s a big fat NOPE.
- I have a big issue with character death. I mean, I know that when a beloved character dies, it makes a lot of people unhappy, but people say I blow things way out of proportion. There are books out there that I demote star ratings down solely because of character death. I read to be happy and character death isn’t happy. I refuse to watch the second Sherlock Holmes film or the second Amazing Spiderman films ever again due to character death. The second How To Train Your Dragon film had me sobbing so badly that I didn’t see the end of the film due to character death. I don’t read or watch shows or movies to sob. I don’t enjoy sobbing.
- I have absolutely no interest in sports. I couldn’t tell you the first thing about Football or Soccer or Baseball. I don’t have a clue.
- I think Christopher Eccleston is the best Dr Who, not Tennant. I like Tennant well enough, but I think Eccleston is better. There was an amazing romantic tension between The Doctor and Rose while Eccleston had the role and that was utterly lost when Tennant took over.
- I can’t make myself be interested in The Walking Dead. I watched the entire first season on DVD and I just found it to be incredibly boring.
- I don’t like coffee. I like the smell of it, but no matter what I do to it, it never tastes good….except Joe Muggs intense dark mocha, which is like heaven in a cup
- Despite being a nerd to the core, I don’t care for Star Wars or anything Lord Of The Rings/Hobbit related.
- I kinda hate Taylor Swift. I don’t like her voice, I don’t like her sound, and I absolutely hate the fact that she rose to fame perpetuating the idea that Romeo and Juliet was a romantic happily-ever-after type story.
I’m sure there are more, but these are all I can seem to come up with! What about you? Do you agree/disagree with my opinions? Any unpopular opinions of your own? Let me know in the comments!