This week’s topic: Family
The simple version?
– A mother and a father, like everyone else. I’m an only child.
– A husband and his parents and sister. No children yet, unless you count the dogs.
– A plethora of cousins, aunts, uncles, and the like from my parents numerous siblings.
The complication version?
– 2 almost stepsisters that I count as real siblings. After my parents split, my dad dated Crystal, their mom, for 5 or so years and it’s hard not to form a bond with those you grow up with.
– 1 actual stepsister from my dad’s remarriage.
I see my dad quite a bit and one of my sisters on occasion, but I don’t hang around with most of them much. If you haven’t noticed already, I’m a bit awkward around people and being blood-related doesn’t change that. I live in the south and some of my family lives up to the stereotypes that I shun. We have nothing in common, with me being one of the only book and movie obsessed person in the group. Without common ground, things get very awkward, very fast and I’m not a fan of awkward.
Do you have a big family? Let me know in the comments!