This week’s topic: Pet Peeves
Oooo….I’m a highly irritable person. I’m easily irked by the smallest, stupidest thing. So, off the top of my head (because I can never seem to write these in advance like I should), here are my pet peeves:
- Cliffhangers: My opinion for for all fictional tales hinges on the ending. I cannot love something that ends badly, so cliffhangers present a huge problem for me. How I can form an opinion on something without knowing how it will end? Plus, I hate not knowing what will happen next. I mean, I more or less assume the author won’t kill of a character hanging in the balance, but there’s always that chance, right? Speaking of…
- Character deaths: If you happened to miss my movie rant, feel free to click on the words and revel in my anger. Suffice to say, for a story to end well, the characters have to live happily ever after.
- Library books: Okay, that’s not how it sounds. I love libraries. I love the idea that I can borrow books to read. What I hate is buying a book online and it ends up being an ex-library edition even though it was never mentioned in the description. Those stupid stickers are impossible to remove.
Life In General
- Music fans who hate when get angry when their favorite indie bands get a label: Seriously? Isn’t that part of what the band is going for? To have a label backing them, promoting them, and funding them? It’s like getting angry when your favorite indie author gets picked up by a publisher
- People who complain all the time: Now, I’ll be the first to admit that I whine constantly. It’s a character flaw that I’m well aware of, but there are some people out there who just can’t be satisfied. You buy them a gift and it’s not what they wanted. You exchange it for something closer to what they claim to want but they still aren’t happy and they spend every waking hour bitching about it
- People with outdoor dogs: It’s below freezing outside and you don’t bother letting your beloved mutt into the warm house with you? Asshole. If you want an outdoor pet, plant a tree.
There are tons more, but much of it are only really in the moment things that aren’t coming to mind. What are your pet peeves? Let me know in the comments!